The report generation functionality for Fundriver Impact is currently still in development. The following steps describe how a user would go about generating a stewardship report package in Impact.
Approve Draft: By approving a draft report/reports, you are telling the program to generate a high resolution version of the report for final distribution. Approving drafts should only happen after all review is complete.
Awardee: The individual, program or department that was a recipient of philanthropic dollars and provides stewardship impact information.
Content: Report content is text, narrative or image that is consistent across all reports produced in a package and is not personalized to the donor. An example might be the glossary definitions, statistic, or a letter from leadership.
Data: Report data is text, numbers, or images that is being pulled from its respective system of record and will be different for each report. And example of data are the fund-specific financials, awardee narratives, or student photos.
Draft Report: A draft report is a low resolution PDF that can be printed or emailed for review prior to finalization of the report package. Where you make changes to draft report information depends on the system of record. Fund information will need to be modified in Fundriver, donor information will need to be updated in the CRM, and Awardee data can be modified in the Impact interface. All content and images will be available to edit in the Impact interface.
Report Package: A PDF file containing all of the stewardship reports for a selected group of constituents and funds.
Template: A professionally designed Adobe InDesign file provided by Fundriver, into which a user's branding, content, and data is pulled. Much like a mail merge, different information flows through each report while the overall look and feel remains the same.
The organization chooses a template to configure as part of their Impact implementation. The configuration includes:
- Choice of financial report format and mapping of Fundriver activity/transactions to the Impact financial report
- Awardee type setup
- Choice of Impact narrative formats by awardee type
- Name of report template
Personalizing a Template
Once a template is created, the user provides content to populate it with through the Impact user interface. Personalizing of the template includes:
- Upload of images needed for the report pages chosen
- Upload of written content for all pages chosen for display (i.e. cover letter, Endowment Overview, glossary)
- Upload of statistics and labels for graphic pages
- Choice of color schematics
- Choice of font
- Upload of logos and other organization imagery/branding
- Awardee data is uploaded using an Excel flat file import or loaded in the Awardee section of the Impact user interface
Once the template set up is finalized, the user can commit the template and it is ready to run for a group of Constituents or Funds.
Workflow: Generating a Report Package
Building a report package starts in the Reports section. Report packages can be built incrementally and saved, so that the user can continue working on building their package at any time. Below are step by step instructions.
Step 1- Select Criteria
1. The user names the report package in the Report label box.
2. The user chooses the Date range for the package to run. The dates chosen will determine:
- Which date range is used for the financial report
- Which Awardee data (i.e. Impact narratives) will be included in the report package
3. The user chooses the Template they want applied to the report package.
4. The user selects the Data source. Data Source is where users will choose from Funds and Constituents to build their report package.
- Once a pre-defined list is built in Impact, a user can choose all Constituents/Funds or select a subset of Constituents/Funds by checking a box next to the constituent's name.
Once Data Source is selected, user will select Funds to include. You can select one, multiple or all Funds. The Search by keyword box allows you to search on: Fund Name, ID Number, and applicable header rows. In the example below you would be able to search on Campus, Department and Fund Type.
5. Once Funds are selected, select Continue.
Throughout the selection process, the list of funds and/or constituents chosen for the report run is shown on the right side of the screen.
6. Next, user will select Constituents to include. You can select one, multiple or all related Constituents. The Search by keyword box allows you to search on: Constituent Name, ID Number, or Primary Solicitor. Once Constituents are chosen select Continue.
7. Once Constituent and Fund Selections are made, you can review your selections and navigate back to make changes to Fund or Constituents that are included. When ready, select Apply data source. You have completed the Select Criteria process.
Step 2- Generate Drafts
Before finalizing the package, the user is able to generate draft PDFs for review, either as a full batch (all records selected) or individually. Note: Do not select more than 400 funds or constituents to run at one time. If you have more to run, create them in separate batches.
Users have the option to change the report package label and date range on the Generate Drafts screen. This page provides a summary of the template selected as well as Constituents and Funds selected. When ready select Generate drafts.
Step 3- Approve Drafts
In the previous step, the system merged your report template, financial data from Fundriver, Constituent information from Raiser's Edge NXT, and Awardee data from your import file. Once reports are reviewed and needed changes are made, drafts are approved and final high resolution PDFs are created by selecting Approve draft.
Step 4- Download Reports
You can download each report separately or choose one at a time to download and save. At this time we do not have an automated way to copy the reports into your donor management system/CRM.
Your data and content is stored in tables in the Fundriver Impact database. Your branded Impact template is stored on a server and we use a proprietary process to pull your fund data, connect it with the donor and impact information the fund is mapped to, and merge all general and fund-specific content from Fundriver, your CRM, and Fundriver Impact into the report shell. This process is kicked off by clicking the 'Generate Reports' or 'Generate Drafts' button in Fundriver Impact.