Watch the video here:
Active stewardees (constituents) who should appear within Fundriver Impact for reporting are identified through the addition of an attribute (or Custom field, in Raiser's Edge NXT) in Raiser's Edge database view.
Stewardees are defined as constituents who will be receiving a stewardship report package.
Please note that only constituents who are marked as active should integrate into Impact. There are three statuses that Impact recognizes: active, inactive and deceased. Only active constituents will receive reports; inactive and deceased will not.
The attribute added also offers the opportunity to segment that constituent onto a list to receive a particular report in Fundriver Impact. That functionality, which is referred to as a 'Pre-defined Constituent List', is based on the Description field of the attribute.
Setting up the Attribute/Custom Field to Trigger Impact Integration
In Database View
- Navigate to the Attributes tab on Configuration and create a new constituent attribute
- Name the attribute 'Fundriver Impact' (default, client can choose a different name if they wish)
- Select 'Table' under Data Type
- Under Table Name, scroll to the bottom and select 'Add New Table'
- Name the table 'Fundriver Impact' (default, client can choose a different name if they wish)
- Check the 'Allow Only 1 per Record' box and the 'Active' box
- Navigate to the Tables tab on Configuration and find your newly created table 'Fundriver Impact'
- Open the table and add new entries that represent the different constituent segments you may want to filter on in Fundriver Impact (i.e. Class of 1989, Law School Donors--see also note below)
Additional instructions for setting up attributes and tables and a video can be found in the Blackbaud Knowledge Base here.
The addition of the attribute that initiates Fundriver Impact integration can be done one record at a time, or globally, based on a query (in database view only). The Description field will pull in the Pre-Defined Constituent List information, or, if you choose not to use list segmentation, a generic placeholder entry.
Constituent Attribute tab with Fundriver Impact attribute added in Database View
Custom field with Fundriver Impact designation added in Web View
Once the attributes/custom fields have been applied in Raiser's Edge NXT, the constituents will sync with Fundriver Impact during the next nightly feed and will be updated nightly thereafter.
Removing the Attribute in Raiser's Edge
If you remove the attribute in Raiser's Edge, it will effect your data in Impact in the following ways:
- The constituent will be removed from the Impact database
- Any previously generated reports tied to the constituent will remain in Impact, but the donor name will not be visible
If you choose in the future to add the attribute back onto the Raiser's Edge constituent record, the donor name will be reinstated in any previously generated report run for that constituent.
Pre-Defined Constituent Lists
A Pre-defined Constituent list allows users to group and send report templates to a subset of donors. Examples include:
- High-end donors receive a template with special messaging
- Donors to the Law School receive a template with Law School imagery instead of generic (or Athletics donors, etc.)
- A certain class year receive a special messaging or an invitation
When selecting Constituents to include in your report package, you can select one, multiple or all related Constituents from the default listing. Users also have the option to select from the Select constituent source drop down. The drop down draws from Raiser's Edge constituent attributes/custom fields.